Saturday, April 12, 2008

Winning the Space Derby

Today, I won the Space Derby.

Do you know why? Because the propeller of my rocket was super fast.

I won all the rounds. There were 7 all-in-all. On my first win, I was happy. On my second win, I was VERY happy. On my third win, I was VERY, VERY happy. On my fourth win, I was SUPER happy. On my fifth win, I was SUPER, SUPER happy. On my sixth win, I was VERY SUPER, SUPER happy. And on my seventh win, I was SOOOOOOOO happy!!! I won first place! I received a diploma, a blue ribbon and a big, gold medal. The medal was even bigger than the sports one that I got for soccer, baseball and basketball.

During the seventh round, I was a little nervous that I might lose. My heart was beating very fast. I thought to myself, "Come on, rocket, don't be tired. You have to win!" All the Cub Scouts were chanting "RAIN-BOW, RAIN-BOW, RAIN-BOW..." because my rocket was rainbow-colored. They all wanted me to win. They were cheering for me because they didn't want me to lose. Then the tall Boy Scout let go of the rockets, and my rainbow-colored rocket won.

Janell, the leader of the Cub Scouts, gave the medals to The Third Placer then to The Second Placer then to me, The First Placer! Daddy, Mommy, and Lance were watching me and they were all proud of me. Other dads took a picture of me holding my rocket. Maybe they want to copy my rocket for next year's Space Derby.


6 comments:

Ivy said...

Dear Sean,

Congratulations on your win! I am proud of you for doing so well!

I was laughing while reading your description of how happy you were after you won each round! Your excitement is so contagious! =)

Keep writing in your blog! I hope you get to post some of your drawings soon!

Love,
Ninang Ivy

test said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
test said...

Hi Sean -- I can see that you have a winning-heart.

Keep it up & congratulations! Keep on writing too!

regards, titoArnold,titaBing&Liana

Unknown said...

Hi Sean,

Great winning story! Congratulations. Your determination made you win.

It was good story of your experience of winning. I like the way you posted the pictures.

Keep it up!

God bless,
Tito Ivan, Tita Ayie & AJ

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Sean! I am very happy that you won because your mom told me how hard you and your dad worked to make your rocket move as fast as possible.

I also enjoy looking at your pictures, so please do post more. Looking forward to your next story...

hugs&kisses,
Ninang Chiqui

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sean! Keep it up! Awesome job on the article too...

Cheska